"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21
I had always learned this verse "many are the plans in a man's heart, but the Lord determines his steps."
This couldn't have been more true this past weekend! Josh has an official title in this house and it is "Planner Slash Promoter" said exactly like that! He truly has a gift for planning & promoting fun things for our family! Last time I really tried to plan something for us I wrongly estimated driving time by 3 hours, lost out on a hotel stay and great seats to a Switchfoot concert! Lesson learned: I am not the planner! So, for this past Memorial Day Weekend Josh planned a fun trip to Washington D.C. for us! He did his usual extensive research on hotels, traveling, events, food spots, times...etc! It was all planned to a tee, even with him researching last minute "tips" right before leaving! We were headed to the "Memorial Day National Symphony Concert" on the west lawn of the U.S. Capitol & the following day the "Memorial Day National Parade!" We were pumped!
Except...
no one told us that the "green rail" we were going to take into the city was closed for the weekend-nice & the shuttle would take over an hour rather than 15 min
and
once on the next rail our tickets wouldn't work
and
once finally arriving that gnats would swarm our faces as we tried to eat our cold Chipotle
and
5 minutes after enjoying our 1st song an announcement would be made to the 100,000 people there that sounded something like this:
"We urge everyone to seek immediate shelter due to inclement weather moving in"
HA!
I seriously thought it was a joke until thousands started rushing towards us (mind you I'm trying to feed Britt on our little blanket) in sheer panic! I just started laughing! It had looked like a beautiful evening listening to music under the stars at the Nations Capitol...what happened??
So, we made our hour plus trek back to the hotel...so worth it:)
Thankful for new days, the following day's Parade was fabulous! So patriotic & so honoring those who have served for our freedom!
Happy Memorial Day & much love!
Pulling our stuffed animals in an orange box:)
Puppet show anyone?
Lunches outside...we love them!
Mom, this ok?
Not quite ready to pet "Duke" on my own yet!
Baby Annabelle...thanks for lending your easychair to me!
Stela never lets me do this!
Duke I need to check your teeth out...
Daddy holding Baby D & Britt at church!
D.C. pics
Looks like a nice night to me!
So excited to finally get there for the concert!
The boys were sweet to let me take a few pics before eating!
These are the only pics we got from the concert!
Next day parade-wahooo!
A little hot...Britt drank a whole cup of water in minutes...never drinks that much in a day!
Loved clapping for our soldiers!
Discovering the cooling effects of the spray bottle!
Then moved to this
Daddy found us a great spot in the shade to watch!
Thank you Jesus for this family and this country!
























The pic of him chilling in the easy chair (aka bumbo seat) is HILARIOUS! What a precious little guy---- I love checking out your blog with the latest stories & picture of the happiest young man on earth. :) XOXO friend!
ReplyDelete